Bug Fixes, Weapon rework, Control optimized, and new event
We have a very exciting 2 weeks coming up in Apex Legends. Starting March 29th the Warrior event starts and will last until April 12th. Along with it, Control mode returns on a new map.
Control Mode on New Map
The 9v9 activity is back as promised but with a twist. There is a caustic takeover for the new Kings Canyon Control map. Which makes the map look cool, but also has a deadly mechanic. Teams capturing B can then interact with the terminal in the lab surrounding B to release a caustic gas that builds up. The enemy team will have a hard time capturing B back while this is in effect. It has a cooldown and only lasts 30 seconds, so make use of this time while B is untouchable.
New Arena Map introduced
I know everyone doesn't play Arena but it can be a fun mode to warm up with and play more casually. I like to use it to try out weapons and ability strategies. Regardless there is a new map they have added and it may be worth trying out when you see it in the rotation.
Warrior Event Starts March 29th
Earn those points and unlock all the event's special loot. I can't wait to see everyone out there with all these cool skins and recolors. Check them out:
Crypto's new Heirloom
Crypto finally has a new heirloom and it looks great. Also has a little secret inside, giving you a further glimpse into his story:
Full Patch Notes from EA
CONTROL MODE UPDATES:
- Fixed issue where players would not be able to see or select spawn points on the Spawn Menu after dying while stimmed as Octane.
- Removed the Turbo Charger from Purple Tier weapons - Players have to get their Ratings up to Gold Tier in order to get it.
- Several crash fixes to help with mode stability.
- Fixed a UI bug where Mythic ammo icon appears on non-crate weapons when auto-reloaded.
- Fix for ammo disappearing from Rampart's mobile Sheila when firing.
- Double Tap burst fire delay reduced from 0.475 to 0.375.
- Double Tap recoil improvements.
- Ammo reserves increased from 120 to 140.
HOP-UPS SPAWN RATE ADJUSTMENTS
- Increased spawn rate for Hammerpoint Rounds and Kinetic Feeder.
- Reduced spawn rate for Deadeye's Tempo, Shatter Caps, and Boosted Loader.
- Fixed frame jitter that could appear while spectating a match.
- Fixed issue where Precision Choke was disabled by default on Golden TripleTake.
- Fixed issue where players could leave at the start of a match without being penalized.
- Fixed hack where players were able to duel-wield weapons.
- Fixed bug where players would not receive assist credit when damaging Gibraltar's arm shield.
- Fix for bug when Crypto's animation would glitch after using a finisher while in death protection.
- Fixed bug where players were unable to perform Ash's skydive emote.
- Fixed bug where the Leaver Penalty warning would always show two minutes regardless of how many times you've disconnected.
- Fixed bug where damaging MRVN would count towards upgrading your Evo Shield.
- Fix for cases where Crypto can throw out multiple drones.
- Fix for cases where Pathfinder is able to grapple enemies indefinitely.
- Fix for cases where players are able to reset Wraith's Tactical cooldown by ending her phasing while entering an Ash's Portal.
- Fix for visual inconsistencies in Bloodhound's Cyber Hunt skin.
- Arenas: Fix for a bug where music could cut off at the start of a match in Habitat.
- Arenas: Fix for visual bug where Legend abilities would stay onscreen during a match.
- Various fixes to charging systems in weapons to work more consistently and by design.
- Fix for cases where players could remove bullet spread when using ziplines.
- Fix for visual inconsistencies in reactive weapons after activating.
- Fix for cases where Wattson's Ultimate's shield regen would work through some windows in Command Center.
- Tropics Map: Fix for cases where players can be launched by Gravity Cannon while below it.
- Added tracker for "Battle Royale Wins".
That's all we have for today, I know quite a lot. That is what we deserve after such a long break from content. See you out there on the grind!
Stay frosty Legends